What is Change Management?
Put simply, Change Management is how you plan, communicate, implement and evaluate a change. It is also known as Business Transformation and is linked to Continuous Improvement Programmes too.
What does that involve?
- What do you want to change?
- Why? What’s the value in making the change?
- Who needs to be involved and to what extent?
- How are you going to implement the change?
- How will you measure the benefit/success of the change?
For a more in-depth checklist of documents and activities to consider when undertaking a change, please click on the link below:
NB – Not all of these are applicable to all changes but they are there as a guide. Additionally, running alongside this is the question of organisational culture and if any work needs to be done to align this to the planned change.
Why have help managing change?
There are so many changes occurring all the time in every work place and very often there just isn’t the capacity within the existing team to be able to implement the changes comprehensively. A lack of engagement with staff or stakeholders, limited planning or minimal training of new systems or processes can all have a significant effect on the success of the changes implemented, with potentially serious cost implications.
I understand this and can work with you to provide you with all aspects of Change Management including staff and stakeholder engagement and communication, process mapping, development of a robust change plan and business readiness assessments.
What are the benefits of having a Change Manager?
- You don’t have to do it all yourself! With help and support for the change activities, you can continue to focus on the day job.
- Ensures a “do with” culture with stakeholder and staff engagement.
- Cost effective, having someone focussed on the change ensures milestones are hit, risks are managed and staff are engaged so less likely to become dissatisfied and leave.
- Objective viewpoint to raise Go/No go issues if required.
I need help with a change, what do I do next?
For an informal discussion or further advice on how to get started with your change project, contact me here.